Saturday 6 February 2010

The Book of Lost Things




For my major personal project I want to design sets for a film production of a book by John Connolly called The Book of Lost Things. It is one of my favourite books, I've read it so many times!

"As war rages across Europe, David is violently propelled into a land that is both a construct of his imagination yet frighteningly real. a strange reflection of his own world composed of myths and stories, populated by wolves and worse-than-wolves, and ruled over by a faded king who keeps his secrets in a mysterious, legendary book...The Book of Lost Things."

It's quite a dark story based on well known fairy tales...but the original versions, which as most people know were much scarier once upon a time..

I'm going to chose 3 areas of interest from the book and designs sets for them. I'm not sure whether I will be building a colour-scale model or white card models with mood boards and then build part of a set full scale-it all depends on time and what I feel I can do. Either way I am very excited. I have wasted too much time all ready though!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your final designs... They will be amazing :) x

    ReplyDelete